Being the first of its kind in the world, i-Virtualize’s TRACE Sensors real-time location services solution has been the topic of many discussions. We’ve put together some of our most frequently asked questions, and provide you with the answers to help you make a well-informed decision about how TRACE Sensors can benefit your business.
1. How does tagging employees and assets benefit my business?
TRACE Sensors is an advanced IoT solution for the smart factory, giving you the power to monitor and optimize industrial workflows and analyze deviations from processes and procedures to improve production efficiency. By tagging employees, assets and inventory, you can track where everything is within your facility which has immense benefits for enhancing your business’s productivity.
2. What is the location range and how precise is it?
TRACE Sensors has a sub-metre range and is 100% accurate. Depending on the size of your facility, this precision could save you valuable time and money, locating inventory.
3. Do wearing these tags infringe of my employees’ right to privacy when not at work?
Absolutely not. TRACE Sensors is the only non-invasive tagging and tracking solution on the market. Each tag’s location information is only available using the solution’s ceiling locators. No personal data is collected
4. How big are the tags and can they withstand our industrial environment?Our current tag is 86mm by 56mm by 4.8mm (3.5” x 2.25” x .25”) and weighs 25 grams (1oz), and can withstand rugged environments from -5°C to +60°C (23°F to 140°F). If your business needs require a specialized tag, we can work with you to customize tags to fit your business.
5. How often do we have to replace the batteries?
Our tags have non-replaceable lithium batteries with a 3-year lifespan, compared to RFID tags which only last a couple weeks. When the batteries are ready to die, you’ll receive a low-power alert on the dashboard. We can also provide tags that are rechargeable.
6. How are the tags tracked?
TRACE Sensors uses ceiling antennas with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity to track sensors on assets and employees. They provide hyper-accurate location monitoring and enable you to gather valuable business intelligence throughout your plant.
7. Will these locators work in the rugged conditions of my shop?
Our ceiling locators have an IP protection class of IP65 which means they’re “dust tight” and protected against jetting water (from a nozzle). They can withstand temperatures from -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F).
8. How much power do the ceiling locators consume?
Each ceiling locator only consumes 2W of power.
9. Where is the data that is gathered stored?
Data is stored in a secure, off-premise, cloud-based location intelligence platform which enables centralized management of all your sites through a single dashboard.
10. How does tracking work in my facilities?
We create an electronic digital map of each of your facilities, to locate assets, materials, and workers in real-time. Displayed on an interactive dashboard with dots representing tagged employees, you can clearly see the location of each tagged employee, asset, or piece of inventory.
11. Do I have to be in the office to access the dashboard?
The dashboard can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, using a variety of devices. And you can manage all your locations from one dashboard.
12. Can I customize the reporting and will it integrate with my other systems?
Easily analyze your data using customizable reporting that integrates with a variety of third-party systems (e.g., screens, smart lights, doors, cameras, CRM, ERP, systems), providing you with deep data intelligence, rich visual analytics, and a powerful rules engine.